Author Topic: Help the Community - Let's Identify African Super Foods  (Read 247 times)

Offline afroliving

• Admin & CEO LifestyleAfrica.org
  • Administrator
  • Patriotic African
    • View Profile
    • LifestyleAfrica
Help the Community - Let's Identify African Super Foods
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »
Advertisement
Super foods are all the rage in Europe and America, including some very African foods such as teff from Ethiopia and African Mango (which is said to be highly effective for weight loss and as a fat-burning supplement)

Can you identify any other African superfoods? We are talking grains, seeds, nuts, green leafy vegetables, legumes and pulses, etc.

Could be any food you find remarkable for some reason or other. Africa is a very large place with widely different cultures and foods. Our grand parents over the centuries have amassed a wealth of wisdom. Don't forget that our grandparents used to live to be 100 years, and it all had to do with their diets as well as their lifestyles...

Or you can educate us on some of these foods that have already been described as super foods. If teff (Eragrostis tef) is your staple, what's so special about it? I would be interested in growing it locally... Americans have taken teff from Ethiopia and are growing it in America...

Let's try to reverse-engineer the success of our African grandparents, starting with identifying our african SUPERFOODS...

This is teff. If you know where we can get teff for growing, I'm already a big fan!

If you need help to reply to this thread don't forget that there is a hELP BUTTON at the top. You will be asked to register but otherwise, this forum is simple to use. I recommend font size 14 when you post on this forum. Welcome!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:43:01 PM by afroliving »
[size=+3]“If you don't like how things are, change it.... You are not a tree! - Jim Rohn ”[/size]